Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Night by Elie Wiesel (unrated)


This showed up on some Goodreads best books of all time list, so I figured I'd tick it off. I later learned that Wiesel won the Nobel peace prize and has been a guest on Oprah, and this book was part of her book club.

I have no idea how to rate this book, and doing a literary critique just feels wrong, so I'm leaving it unrated. If you're looking for a first-person non-fiction account of the horror of the Holocaust, this is your book. It's a raw account of survival from a child in just the most horrendous environment. 

This is not the sort of book you enjoy, but it's a very important book for educating future generations. I've visited Auschwitz/Birkenau in the winter, so I was able to vividly picture the brutal concentration camps in winter, it's something I'll remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment