Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best of 2014 as read by G

Less sci-fi this year, and unfortunately a somewhat lacklustre set of books. I partly blame goodreads, which should know me fairly well after 220+ ratings, but it nonetheless kept recommending The Sunne in Splendour as basically the number one book I should read. That didn't work out well and it killed most of November and December. Goodreads also led me to Swan Song, which was closer to the mark but not great, so generous salt will be applied to future recommendations.

The best (5 stars): Special mentions (4.5 stars):

2 comments:

  1. As a non-robotic recommendation, can I suggest The Martian, by Andy Weir. A fantastic and gripping read, it has been described as Apollo 13 meets Cast-Away. One of my top books of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh you're the second person to recommend me that, I'd fail to write it down the first time though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete